Pixi Flawless Vitamin Veil | Review

9:42 PM

Hi, everyone! Today I'm writing a review on a new foundation I've been trying out. Read on to see my thoughts!


What it is: cream-to-powder foundation
Where it is: Target and online
Price: $10 for the mini that I'm reviewing, $24 for the full size
Pixi products are not tested on animals.

Pixi says that this product "miraculously evens out skintone and makes it look like you have no foundation on. It also treats your skin to a host of vitamins, minerals and skin-enhancing goodies. It plumps lines, hydrates, nourishes and protects while perfecting skin. Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Suits all skin types." There are three shades available; this is the shade Medium.


The product I have is a mini size that comes in a simple compact with a snap-shut lid. The regular sized product comes in a sizeable compact with a mirror and a drawer with a puff. My mini contains .105 oz of product, or 3 grams.


Pixi claims that this is a "neutral medium tone" but I'd describe it as more of a yellow toned medium. It matches my skin tone perfectly and cancels out redness to a pretty good degree. It offers light/medium buildable coverage. I'm not sure if this is the deal with everybody, but whenever I use a cream product with a brush (rather than a sponge) it just looks patchy and bad. Anyways, I'm sure that you can infer what I'm about to say: when applied with a damp sponge, this looks natural and skin-like, but when applied with a brush, it's visable on the skin. This product is a lot longer lasting than expected. I'd say it starts fading around the 8/9 hour mark on my normal/dry skin. I find that this does set down to a powder finish, but it's not particularly powdery, nor does it help with oiliness, so I'd recommend a setting powder.

Honestly? While this product isn't bad, it's not remarkable in the slightest. Pass.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!