NYX HD Photogenic Concealer | Review

8:25 PM


What it is: liquid concealer
Where: Ulta stores and online
Price: $5
BTW: NYX is cruelty free!

Before I'd ordered this I was considering it for a while. I don't generally buy face makeup online; I find swatches and descriptions unreliable because I'm still quite unsure what my undertone is and pictures can appear different on screens. So honestly, I took a bit of a wild guess and just hoped it would match. I've heard whispers that this is a little bit like the NARS Radiant Concealer.

NYX says that "this lightweight cover-up obscures imperfections, discoloration and under eye circles, without ever looking cakey or obvious. Little wonder the Concealer Wand is one of our best-sellers. The concentrated, emollient-rich formula goes on like a dream, and creates medium to heavy coverage." There are eleven shades available, including three correcting shades. I have mine in Meduim.


Packaging is pretty standard and nothing special; it comes in a doe-foot applicator. I don't like to apply this directly on my face, but rather I scrape some off on the back of my hand. I find this not only warms the product up but lets me control exactly how much I want and need, not to mention that it's much more hygenic.


So! Medium is described on the website as "medium beige with olive undertones." So far, warm, neutral and cool tones haven't worked seamlessly on me so I figured I'd give olive a go. But this undertone isn't exactly olive, it has a light to medium shade that has a peachy pink undertone. Not particularly unflattering, and nothing that somebody else would notice, but regardless I can see it and it irks me. I mean, it works but it just bothers me, you know? But let's talk about the formula. Spoiler alert: it's great. This creamy, lightweight concealer blends like a dream, leaving full coverage where applied. It doesn't look like concealer, more like skin. When properly set with a powder this lasts all day, but you have to be careful to let it set on its own first before applying a powder. This is great for blemishes and scars, but I wouldn't recommend it around the eyes or nose because it tends to settle into fine lines. Not exactly crease, but sink into the skin where there's space to sink in, if I'm making sense. But other than that, this is a great concealer for the face. 



These photos are a little blurry and out of focus but you can clearly see that it makes my chin scars look nonexistent!

So what's the final verdict? This is a really good concealer, but be wary around the eyes and make sure the shade matches you.

Thanks for reading! Have you tried this concealer?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!