Natural Looking Makeup

6:23 PM


I've not been feeling well these days. I've got a bad head cold and along with the fact that I feel and sound terrible, I look awful as well. My skin is dry and red, there are dry patches everywhere, and along with that my period's next week so I've been breaking out. I've been using these products often over the last couple weeks to make me look and feel better, but they don't make it look as if I'm wearing makeup - my favorite combo.

I've been using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. There's a review coming up on this tinted moisturizer but it cancels out discoloration and makes me look more alive then my current zombie face. Alongside that, I've been popping on the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette, a nifty little palette that contains the perfect combinations of concealers. One neutralizing shade around my nose, one darker concealer on top of the neutralizer and on scars and blemishes, one lighter concealer under my eyes, and a setting powder make my face look instantly more alive, awake, and not ill.

I love eyebrows and I would never leave my house without them, but sometimes I don't like looking like I have them filled in. The Pixi Natural Brow Duo truly gives a natural brow look - it gives your brows shape without looking like they've been drawn on. The neutral brow shade could work on so many hair colors - after all, it works with my soft black hair.

I'm not a big blush gal but I've been using it almost daily because it perks up my dull ass complexion. I really enjoy the Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush in Blossom because this natural shade makes me look more vibrant without looking like I'm wearing blush.

If you weren't aware, lashes are not an essential for me. I find that they just don't do much for me - it's my own fault, my eyelashes are stubby, short, and straight. However, I've been reaching for the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara lately purely because I adore the natural look and it makes me feel like an expert because I can pop it on quickly without making a mess. This mascara tends to smudge, but I've been really careful when using it. 

One final product - lip color. The Pixi Tinted Brilliant Balm in Unique Pink adjusts to the pH balance of your lips, creating your own unique lip color. This is lovely because it nourishes while giving you your very own shade of light, natural pink.

Thanks for reading! Do you have any go-to products for when you aren't feeling well?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!