The Repurposers

10:13 PM

Do you ever get a product and it just sucks at what it's supposed to do? I usually don't like to toss products (I find it a big waste) so I always find a way to repurpose and reuse a product in a different way. These are products that were disappointing at what they're marketed to do, but good at other things. Read on!


Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer SPF 30
I wanted to love this. So desperately. I ignored all the negative reviews when I bought it because it just seemed so good on paper! I mean, a good moisturizer with a gentle SPF meant for sensitive skin? An air-free packaging with a pump? Sounds really good in theory. The problem with this stuff is that it's super white. It leaves your face at least two shades lighter than usual. Now this wouldn't be a problem for those who apply foundation afterwards, but I'm not a fan of wearing foundation daily. I like to use this on my neck instead, especially on the back of the neck. You don't really think about applying sunscreen to the back of the neck, but it's really crucial! I have a family member who developed skin cancer on the back of her neck, and this woman is an avid sunscreen lover.


Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Blush/Bronzer Duo in Glimmer
There's nothing formulated wrong with this at all - it's just that the bronzer is so metallic and warm that it can't be used on the face at all. The formula of this is baked, making it perfect for multitasking, so I can use it on my eyes. I make sure to apply a good primer beforehand to prevent creasing, but it's really pretty on the eyes.

Pixi Extra Eye Bright Liner
The concept of this is great, a brightening liner for the waterline. In my review  I was pretty partial about it, but I haven't really used on my waterline since then because the product is just too hard and application is really hard to make smooth. I actually find that this is a wonderful brow highlight - the lavander pink makes a really natural highlight shade.

Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Gel
I got a sample of this back in December, and although I really love the texture of this product, it just takes forever and a half to sink in. Instead of waiting that long on my eyes, I like to apply this to my cuticles. Eye creams contain a lot of nutrients and good ingredients that your cuticles will love as well (so if you ever have an eye cream that you don't get on with and can't take it back use it on your cuticles).

Ecotools Angled Crease Brush
This brush is part of the Essential Eye Kit - and don't get me wrong, it's a great angled crease brush, just not good for me specifically. I have quite small lid space and very flat eyes, so I don't have much of a prominent crease to start with. Applying a color with this brush is enough to apply shadow all over my lid and plenty above as well. I actually really like to contour my nose with this bad boy; the shape makes it really simple to do and its short handle also lets me get close to the mirror, which is something that I find oddly important.

Thanks for reading! Do you have any repurposed products?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!