Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner | Review

10:27 PM

Holy crap, I've been gone since October! I've just been so caught up in school, busy applying to colleges! I've been accepted to two out of my eleven choices so far (: Anyways, I'm back today with a review on this liquid liner.


What it is: liquid eyeliner
Where: Ulta and the UD website
Price: $19 but several of the shades are on sale for $10 on the UD site today (12/4/14)!
Note: Urban Decay is cruelty free and this product is vegan friendly!
The description that UD provides is basically a novel. "Draw liquid lines so sharp they could cut glass. Our slender brush lays down long-lasting matte, slick and shimmery shades sure to satisfy your color lust. Achieve clean, sharp WATERPROOF lines with shocking ease. The newest addition to our 24/7 franchise is available in a veritable rainbow of long-lasting, highly-pigmented, WATERPROOF color options – shades ranging from matte to glossy to shimmery! (And why would you only buy one? Try them all!) Use the ultra-fine brush tip to create lines that are razor-thin or thick, even and bold. The brush is also short and easy to control, making it ideal for liquid liner newbies. The slim pens are convenient – go ahead and pack 'em all into your makeup bag – and are color-matched to each shade." To sum it up, the super fine brush tip makes it easy to draw thin or thick and sharp lines. It claims to have a waterproof formula with several different finishes according to the shade. There are 11 versatile shades, ranging from a jet black (Perversion, which is what I have and am reviewing today) to a bright yellow. 



Let's talk packaging. It's simple and very functional, and I quite like it. (Above is a NYX single eyeshadow for size reference) Each tube matches the shade inside. As you can see, my black liner has black packaging. The brush is a thin, brush-tip applicator. It's on the shorter side of applicators. Despite how thin this is, it's surprisingly easy to use. It's very easy to control where the product goes and how thick/thin you want your line to be. I think the packaging is great! This product contains 1.7 mL (.058 fl oz) of product.

Perversion is a black-ass black. I think this shade is supposed to be matte, but it's not - there's a sheen to it. This used to irritate me a little bit since I like my liner matte as possible, but I'll let this pass since this liner is so good. This liner has a very thin and watery formula, and needs shaking before usage. There's a mixing ball inside the tube. Despite how thin it is, it dries almost immediately. Wear time is wonderful - this liner is nearly 100% waterproof. I tend to ignore waterproof claims because basically nothing is totally waterproof, but this one almost passes the test. I'll explain in a little bit. After it dries, this liner will last you all day and night with no budging. I've worn it on 16 hour days with hardly any issues. There is no flaking or smudging or transferring. But back to the waterproof front, if the liner gets wet and the water is dabbed off (versus rubbed off) it will stay fine. Rubbing with water can cause flaking. This liner removes surprisingly easily, despite the longevity of it. It will not come off with an oil-based remover, but using a wipe or a water based remover will cause the liner to flake off and it removes quickly without much hassle. 

I think this liner is a lot like the NYX Studio Liquid Liner in terms of pigmentation and longevity, but I like the thin, fast drying formula of this, not to mention the much more manageable packaging. If you're on a budget, the $4.50 NYX offering is definitely worth a shot. It contains more than double the product for less than a quarter of the price, but you have the weigh the other factors. All in all, I'm a little annoyed that I love this liner so much - I do not like the idea of dishing out $19 for an eyeliner. That being said, I do think it's worth the rather high price tag. I highly recommend. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!