NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skintone | Review

4:35 PM

I realized that I haven't had a blog post up in a while. For some reason I thought I had queued a bunch of posts, but I was sorely mistaken. Anyways, look forward to a few posts coming your way soon. Today's is on the NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skintone.


What it is: an cream eyeshadow primer
Where: Ulta, Target, select CVS stores, and online
Price: $7
NYX is cruelty free! 

I was hoping this product would be similar to a MAC Paint Pot, something you apply either alone to cancel out redness or underneath product to make it stand out more. NYX says to "maximize the intensity, longevity and brilliance of your eye shadow statements with our eye shadow primer pots. Each of the three NYX Eye Shadow Bases—for vibrant, pearl or neutral tones—creates a smooth canvas for color, increases its durability and prevents fallout." There are three shades available, a white, a shimmery white, and this one, Skintone.


The packaging is typical for a cream eye product, albeit a little bland. The product comes in a plastic jar with a white twist off cap and contains .25 oz, or 7 grams of product. This is a unhygenic but totally normal for a cream product.


The color of this is definitely visible on the eye. It's a super warmtoned (almost orangy) medium skintone. Those with medium to medium-light complexions could definitely pull this off alone but if you have a very fair or dark skintone someone will be able to see the product.

This is so creamy it's ridiculous. It's easy to smooth and blend out over the eye and definitely makes colors pop, but the downside is that it tends to crease when you use even the smallest bit too much. There's a weird algorithm for applying this; I find going in two thin layers is best as it won't crease but is enough to make the colors pop. I think this base is great for holding shadow on the lids longer and I've heard good things about the other two colors making bright shades pop, but for those looking to prevent creasing this is definitely not it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!