Out With The Old | #4

7:12 PM

I'm back today with another OWTO/Empties post! I finished my last exam on Thursday so I should have a lot more time open to relaxing, watching tv, and blogging (:


Bath & Body Works Volumizing Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner in the Warm Vanilla Sugar scent
Neither of these did anything except smell good. Oh my god, they smelled fantastic. However, they just weren't good as hair products and it's no use keeping them around, as I don't even use them.

Bio-Oil
After faithfully using an entire big bottle of this through and through, I have deemed this... useless. On me. I think this, while also claims to be good for scars and dark spots, is mainly targeted for developing stretch marks. Mine have been in place for years, as have my dark spots, so this might not be the thing for me. I wasn't a big fan of the scent and it was a very oily oil, if you catch my drift. I will not be repurchasing.

Nivea Soft
I'm sad to see this go. I actually really enjoyed this product, despite all the nasties and animal testing involved. This is a lightweight moisturizer that is great for the body and the face, but it contains a lot of mineral oil and alcohol denat, along with petrolatum. I would recommend for those who don't mind these things, but I will not be repurchasing.

Yes to Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask
Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. This stuff? Sensitive, my ass. It burned my skin and did nothing. It smelled waaaay too strongly of cucumber. The product hardened and dried up in the pot a few months after its first use. A lot of other people are reporting the same issues. I do not recommend and will not be repurchasing.

No7 Rapid Spot Rescue
At first I really liked this product and while it is good at reducing whiteheads and spots that have risen to the surface of the skin super fast, it's no good for blackhead and deep under-the-skin spots, which are what I suffer from. It's good for a pinch, but not for the long run. If that's what you're looking for, definitely look into this. I, however, will not be repurchasing.

Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender Age Defying Hand Remedy
This is a lovely hand cream with a lovely scent and a nice formula. However, the packaging leaked and I just couldn't bring myself to keep it around when every time I used it it oozed out way too much product. I could've just squeezed it out into a tub, but there's not much left and I've got a billion other creams to work through. Will not be repurchasing, although there's absolutely nothing wrong.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Moisturizing Stick
Blech. I got this after seeing how much the potted and famous Reve De Miel Lip Balm costs, expecting it to be good. Eh, that's all I have to say. This doesn't moisturize at all. I think it's good as a protective layer over a moisturizing balm, like for those who like to run in the winter. However, as a lip balm on its own (which is the intended purpose), it's next to useless. The balmy feeling leaves the lips after just moments and I don't like the lemony/honey scent. Will not be repurchasing.

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips for Green Eyes
These are wonderful eyeshadows, pigmented and soft, but they just don't compliment my eye color and I've had this around for several years and have never worn it out. I recommend and will probably repurchase eventually in a shade that's good for me.

Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton Hand Cream
I loved this hand cream, sigh. It smelled so damn good! It sunk in super fast and was deeply moisturizing and especially good for elbows. While this is an excellent hand cream, I will not be repurchasing purely because there are plenty others.

3!!! Eyelash curlers (one NYC, one F21, one generic)
None of these were good for my eye shape. Just no use keeping them around.

Essie All in One 3-Way Glaze, Sephora Nail Polish in Teeny Bikini, Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Rosy Pink
These nail polishes are all almost empty and goopy and gross now. There's just no reason for keeping them.

Thanks for reading! What have you finished up recently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!