Recently Loving #4

4:42 PM


(Sorry for the photoshop job - I reeeeeally don't want to take pictures today, plus the lighting is weird in my room right now!)

I found this at TJ Maxx just as I was starting to contemplate purchasing one of these facial sprays. There haven't been any drugstore releases and I was going to go out and purchase an $18 bottle until I found this gem for $3. I am in love. I spray this on my face (or body) whenever my skin is feeling a little dull and needs a refreshing pick-me-up. It also works very well as a makeup finishing spray. The spray nozzle itself is very good as well, the spray is fine and consistent.

I was beginning to think I would never find another moisturizer other than the infamous Nivea Soft, which contains things like mineral oil and petrolatum. When I stumbled upon it, I remembered I really liked the Oasis Mist and decided to try it - after all, it was oil free, not tested on animals, and the packaging was lovely. I have to say that I adore this. The gel texture is amazing. It feels soothing and refreshing, and the smallest dab can cover my entire face and neck. It hydrates my normal/dry skin amazingly well and I quite like the scent of it! The only problem I have with it is that it's unhygienic and no SPF - but both of those aren't a big issue.

I've had very mixed feelings about this product. While I like the product itself, the claims are just ridiculous and that really puts me off. Anyways, it's nice and light, perfect for a no-makeup makeup look. It's also very convenient, very nice for quickly slapping it on and running out the door. I'm enjoying it lately mainly because it's really easy to apply. I dab a bit on the inner corners of my eyes, by the crops of my nose, on my chin and bridge of nose, and I can blend as I make the mad dash out my door and to the car. Although most of the coverage fades away after just a few hours, the concealer never creases or gets cakey.

This nifty little palette is something I use on a regular basis without really thinking about how nice it is. It's a cream concealer with a very creamy (duh) consistency that has medium coverage, is very blendable, and not at all drying. It contains a green toned concealer so you can cover up any red spots with ease, and two shades so you can mix your custom shade. Very handy, quick, and a lovely product in general.

Seriously, this brush is amazing! It's a small stipple brush, as the name would suggest. Why use a small one, you ask? Well, it allows you to have more control and reach areas you wouldn't be able to reach with a larger one (like around the nose and under the eyes). I wouldn't recommend for foundation simply because it would take too long, but you could do it. It's a very multipurpose brush - I can use with liquid, cream, or powder products! I use it buff and blend out my undereye concealer, which gives a very natural but beautiful finish. Fair warning though, stipple brushes give light, airbrushed coverage. This one does so as well. Anyways, it looks sleek, doesn't shed, and dries quickly!

This brow pencil is a savior when I'm in a hurry. It's a hard, waxy pencil, which means that I can skip out on brow gel because not only will the color last all day, the wax base of the pencil will tame my brows to an extent. It's also got a spoolie on one end for quick brushing. Like I said, savior!

This is a very very VERY thick cream. I wouldn't recommend using this on your face, but I find that it's great for moisturizing my neck. I often forget to moisturize my neck, because it's too high for my body butter but too low for my face moisturizer (what terrible reasoning). Lately I've been slathering this on my neck after my shower and I've found that my neck feels... tighter. It's hard to explain.

Triple Threat Facials
I've been LOVING VDM's Triple Threat Facials! I did a post on some products that I've been using for these facials - basically you exfoliate, then deep cleanse, and finally hydrate. I find that after one of these bad boys my skin just feels amazing.

Misc favorites now!!


Little Alchemy
This is an app on the Google Chrome store, but now that I think about it is it available on the Apple store? Update: I just checked and it isssssss. Anyways, this is a cute little game where you start out with four basic elements: earth, air, fire, and water, and you have to make more elements. For example, if you combine fire and earth together you'd get lava, see?



Supernatural
Oh dear lord, please don't get me started on this. I crammed eight years worth of 45 minute episodes into six weeks. What an amazing show. Very suspenseful and each season has an amazing plot. The actors, writers, and directors are amazing. I highly encourage you to watch... Wait, don't. It's so painful... 


Thanks for reading! What have you been loving?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!