e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit | Review

6:30 AM

Hey, everyone. How are you today? I'm okay, I've been watching lots of Community lately and I'm very depressed that it's been canceled. I'm hoping Hulu will pick it up as a Hulu exclusive, but that may not happen. UPDATE: YAHOO HAS PICKED IT UP! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS


What it is: an eyebrow gel/powder duo
Where: Target stores and other places that sell e.l.f. products, and online
Price: $3
e.l.f. is proudly cruelty free!

I've actually never tried anything from this budget brand before, other than a few brushes. Not for any particular reason; just never got around to it. However, I've been itching for a new brow product and decided on this over the $32 Benefit BrowZing.

e.l.f. says you can "create brows that are fuller, thicker, and more defined! The pigmented wax defines and shapes brows and the color complementing setting powder keeps them looking arched and perfected. The doubled sided taklon brush has one side to help arch your brows while the other side aids in filling them in. This duo provides lasting color definition for a naturally beautiful look." This product comes in four shades, I'm reviewing Medium.


The packaging for this is quite NARS-esque. The e.l.f. studio line seems to copy the NARSpackaging, expect instead of the grippy material NARS compacts are made of, these are made of a matte plastic. There's a little window to let you see the product shade, which would be handy if you have multiple. The top flips over 180 degrees, which makes me very happy. There is a small but usable mirror included, and a little double sided applicator that is usable but pretty flimsy and crappy. I quite like the packaging; it's very sleek. The gel contains .0042 oz (1.2 grams) of product while the powder contains .0081 (2.3 grams). I'm a bit afraid I'll go through the gel very quickly; dipping the brush in for the very first swatch already left a pretty sizable dent. However I find that the gel isn't a very soft gel; it's a denser gel and I have to work my brush in a bit to get some product.



Let's talk shades. The gel is a darker shade than the powder, which is the case will all the shades available. The idea is that the brow gel is the one that shapes your brows and the powder just sets the gel and gives it a natural look. I get that reasoning, but the colors don't quite correspond with this one. The gel is a nice cool toned dark brown; the color is pretty much spot on with the powder that I currently use for my brows. The included powder, however, is a smiiiidge too warm. I feel that this powder would be better in a shade made for people with red hair. It doesn't go well with the gel. I have what I like to call soft black hair, which is really just black hair that looks brown in certain lights. Because of this, I don't like to use gray eyebrow products or brown ones, but rather cool-toned browns are my favorite. I think the gel in Medium would be good for people with similar hair colors; as you can see from the picture it's a pretty good color match.

I with that the gel would last a little bit longer. Alone, it lasts perhaps 6-7 hours, but when powdered/penciled and set with gel, it will last all day. It's not a big problem for me personally since I always set my brows with gel before leaving the house, but I'd imagine this to be a nuisance for others.

Overall? I'm pleasantly surprised. I know e.l.f. can be a huge hit or miss brand, and while this product isn't ahmaaaaaazing it's enjoyable to use and is pretty much a hit (:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!