What's in my Makeup Bag? | Everyday Makeup #3

12:46 PM

Taking this picture took nine years. After I got all my products all sorted out neatly, I put my foot on the table (I was standing on a chair) for stability and all the round products rolled out off place. It was irritating.


Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer | NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Gleam | NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Medium | Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Pressed Powder | e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in Medium | Sonia Kashuk Brow Definer in Haze | No7 Lash & Brow Perfector | Pixi Extra Eye Bright Liner | Sonia Kashuk Pearlescence Cream Shadow in Moonstone | Boots Botanics Eyeshadow Quad in 30 Golden Brown | NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skintone | NYX Slide On Liner in Brown Perfection | Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Highlighting Stick in Shimmering Sands | Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush in Blossom | NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo | Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Strawberry Kisses | NYX Butter Lipstick in Little Suzie

I'm not the biggest fan of wearing bases. I have a fear of transferring products, and in my mind foundations are always associated with transferring. However, I do like to go through all my products and since I work in an air conditioned building, I'm okay with wearing a base product. Right now I'm mixing a tinted moisturizer and a liquid highlighter together to create a lit-from-within glow. I like the naturally radiant finish that these two products give together. Since there's barely any coverage, I also like to go in with concealer around my nose, chin, and undereyes. I then set everything with a weightless powder.

I always try to get my brows done as quickly as possible, so if I'm not wearing any foundation or TM I go straight to brows. I always fear I'm running out of time and brows are most important to me. Anyways, using an angled liner brush I'll sculpt out the arch and underside with a tinted brow gel and then fill in the rest with a pencil. Before applying brow gel to set them in I will highlight with a pinky-nude shade, right under the arch, and then gel them in. 

Now that my eyebrows are sorted out, I can relax and move onto the eyes. These days I either do nothing or do it all. When I'm doing it all I prep by putting an eye base on the corners of my eyes, as the NYX one tends to crease with oil but prevents product from settling into corners. Then I like to pop Moonstone, which is an icy taupe, all over the lids. Then I like to run the shimmery brown from the quad on my lashlines. Then, I like to highlight the inner corners with the  bottom left shade. I then draw on a kitten eye (baby cat eye liner, get it?)  with a brown eyeliner. And there are eyes finished.

We're almost at the end. Stick with me! I like to highlight first; I'm not sure why. But I swipe onto the high points of my cheekbones, a little bit on the nose bridge, and a dab on the Cupid's Bow and blend out with my finger. After that I like to pop on a bit of blush just for a little bit of color. 

And finally, lipstick. Depending on what I'm doing and how long I'll be doing it, I'll pick a shade from one of the lovely three colors I use. 

Thanks for sticking with it, that was quite a bit haha. Have a good day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!