Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara | Review

1:40 PM

Hello! Today's post is a review on a mascara that I haven't heard much about, but those who talk about praise it highly. 


What: Mascara
Where: Macy's and online
Price: $20
BTW: Elizabeth Arden products are tested on animals.

Oh, Elizabeth Arden. This brand is mostly known for their infamous multitasking Eight Hour Cream. I had a little twist up tube of that at one point, and I thought it smelled so weird. Other than that and a mask, I haven't tried much from this high-end brand. I mean, can you blame me? At prices like $20 a mascara, a broke student can't really afford the products.



This mascara claims to be a lash extending treatment. Basically, the more you wear it, the longer your eyelashes will grow. I've not really used any eyelash growth products aside from an eyeliner with lash boosting claims, but it didn't do much for my stick-straight, short, sparse eyelashes. This mascara is infused with "ceramide triple complex (Ceramides 1, 3 & 6) plus vitamins to help reinforce and restore lashes' natural protective barrier. Protein-based complex Keravis helps fortify, lengthen, define & revitalize lashes." It claims to lashes longer and fuller, contain vitamins A, C, and E, and also boasts that it won't smudge, flake, or clump. It's available in two shades, black and brown, and in two formulas, waterproof and regular.. I'm reviewing the regular black.

The packaging for this is really plain. It shiny gold tube (I believe it's been repackaged to a matte gold) holds a disappointingly plain wand; the classic bristled wand that is slightly tapered towards the end. Sometimes the sifter won't remove enough mascara and I'm forced to wipe off some mascara, thus wasting product. Packaging is plain and functioning, but could be better for the price of this little guy.





So, as you can see, my lashes before curling and applying mascara are pretty pathetic. The bottoms are quite sparse and I'm not a fan of applying mascara on them, so I didn't apply any for this review. This mascara darkens and defines them, you can see they're a lot more noticeable but still nothing amazing. This mascara is a tad bit lengthening and gives barely any volume. It hardly ever clumps and doesn't flake. It's definitely more of a natural look. The natural I don't mind, but it's the smudging that I do. This mascara is super smudgy. However, that might be my own fault. My eyes are quite sensitive and water up a lot. This mascara isn't suitable for sensitive eye types like mine; it doesn't bother my eyes or make them itchy, but smudges a lot when they tear up. There is a waterproof formula available, btw! It removes surprisingly easily with an oil-based remover. I have yet to see any lash growing properties in this mascara.

Overall? Not impressed, not disappointed. Worth it? No, not for $20 bucks. Will I repurchase? Maybe, probably not. If I do, I will make it a point to get the waterproof version. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!