Out With The Old | #4

2:49 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm watching an episode of Friends right now (the one where Joey pretended to own a Porche) as I type this. I've got another installment of Out With The Old today. Read on to see the products I'm tossing!


Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner - empty, not repurchasing
This is the second bottle of this toner that I've been through. It's okay, to be honest. I picked it up again for the scent. It's a perfectly fine toner, there's nothing wrong with it at all, but I'm just tired of it and I'm looking forward to using a new toner.

H2O+ Oasis Mist - empty, possible repurchase
I really enjoyed this product. Although it's essentially just toner in a bottle, it's very refreshing and made for a nice wake-me-up on those sleepy summer afternoons where I lazed around all day. It also helped to uncake my makeup when I did it a tad too heavily. There's actually a little bit left in the bottle but for the love of me I can't get it out. This spray costs $18! How ridiculous is that? I bought it at TJ Maxx on sale for $3. While I do like this product, I'm not willing to pay eighteen bucks for it, so if I'm going to purchase it again I'm gonna get it when it's on sale (which I often see it as).

H2O+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment - empty, not repurchasing
While I liked this moisturizer, I don't think it was right for my skin type. I have normal/dry skin that's a little dehydrated, and this gel moisturizer just didn't give it enough deep hydration. I loved the lightweight gel texture and the clean scent, but it just wasn't hydrating enough. I think this would be great for oily/combo skin types, just not for dry types.

Burt's Bees Sensitive Eye Cream - empty, probably repurchasing
I loved this eye cream! It didn't aggravate my milia, hydrated my eyes, and the sunk in quickly. The lightweight cream was easy to spread evenly over the orbital bone, and while it isn't unscented, the light cotton scent didn't bother my sensitive eyes at all.

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Treatment - old/empty, not repurchasing
I had this bottle for around two years. That's so nasty, I know. Anyways, this concealer is essentially a lightweight concealer designed to brighten and de-puff the under eyes, which is exactly what it does. It never creased, was pleasant to apply, and was generally a good experience. While there isn't anything wrong with this under eye brightener, I won't be repurchasing simply because there are others to try out there.

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer in Light/Medium W4-5 - wasn't used, not repuchasing
Eh. I know a lot of people like this product, but I just wasn't that into it. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't great - plus the shade was too orange for me. It's nice and blendable, but it sort of creased around the nose, and I really didn't like the texture of it under the eyes. 

No7 Lash and Brow Perfector - old, possible repurchase
I liked this brow gel! The small applicator was really great for making sure I didn't get any gel on the surrounding skin, and they held my brows in place without feeling crispy or like cement. I'm not using a brow gel at the moment and I wanted to try another one, but I'll probably go back to this one if I don't love the next one I try.

NYX Round Lipstick in Heredes - old/never used, not repurchasing this shade
The formula of these Round Lipsticks is amazing - creamy, super pigmented, long lasting, never pulls on the lips, etc. It's just this particular shade that I don't like. I picked it out because I thought it would be a good my lips but better color, but the truth is that it's just really unflattering. It's a light brown color that makes the lips look lifeless, and can't be used as a blush because, once again, it's a light brown shade. What was I thinking?

No7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick in Entice - never used, not repurchasing this shade
This line has a few really pretty colors that would look wonderful sheered out, just not this shade. This color was essentially just glitter packed into a plummy pink balm. I did like the texture and the lightweight feel, just not the shade. 

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum - empty/old, not repurchasing
This liner is holy-grail material for a lot of people. I loved it at first, but after a while I slowly got tired of it and started disliking it more and more. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad liner at all, but I just don't love the formula. I do love the packaging, the sleek silver calligraphy type pen comes to a fine point, which makes it easy to line the lashline. The lid also had a little vacuum closing little thing, which kept it from drying out. I didn't like this for winging out liner, because I didn't think the tip was flexible enough. The formula was sub-par. It wasn't black enough, nor was it very long lasting. It never flaked or smudged, but it had a tendency to fade over the day. I also had a lot of trouble getting product though the nib; it tended to just stick in the pen although this can be easily combated by storing it upside down, despite the directions that say to store it horizontally. The growth serum claims are true to an extent. I found that it made my lashes a little fuller, but not longer or stronger. However, this seems to depend on the user. Some reported lots of growth, while others saw none at all. If you're thinking of buying this liner, I'd recommend to try it out from a friend first. 

Elizabeth Arden Lash Extending Treatment Mascara -  old, not repurchasing
Man, oh man. This $20 mascara is not good. It claims to lengthen the lashes, which I suppose could be true with daily use for a long time, but I can't imagine wearing this daily. While this mascara gave a defined, natural look, it smudges like crazy and is unbelievably unwaterproof. There is a waterproof formula, but I can't imagine that it gives a different effect from the normal formula, sans mascara smudges. What a shame. I wanted to like it. 

These posts are tiring to write in one go! I usually write the product after I finish it, but I didn't do it this time. Lesson learned. Thanks for reading! Have you tried any of these?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!