The Warmer Weather Edit | Spring/Summer Products

2:48 PM

I've never been one for these seasonal edit posts. I don't have anything against them and I like reading them, but I've never written one or really thought about switching up my makeup until just this week, when I was reaching for my matte lipstick and realized, "this color isn't fun enough for spring." In my opinion, spring and summer makeup is quite similar. Foundation coverage goes down, lipsticks get glossy and milky, and it's all about a healthy complexion. Read on for my picks for the warmer weather!


My foundation pick is a lightweight tinted moisturizer, the Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I love this product. It's comfortable to wear, cancels out mild discoloration, and provides SPF without feeling like you're wearing anything on the skin at all. You can actually get decent medium coverage if you layer it up, plus it gives a really nice skin-like finish that can be mattified down or (in this case) glowed up if you wanted to. The next product is a brightening powder, the SK Brightening Powder. This finely milled powder gives a very beautiful glow to the face and when applied all over makes the skin look absolutely radiant, but not overly shimmery. It can also be applied more heavily or exclusively to the cheekbones and down the nose bridge to subtly bring out the areas and highlight. I find that for the spring and summer, blushes turn from light baby pinks to more peachy and coral shades. I've found the perfect blend between peach and coral, making The Face Shop's Coral Cushion the perfect warm weather blush. This shimmery number, when swept over the apples and back towards the hair, gives a lot of warmth and life to the face. It also smells really pleasant. And to finally finish off the shimmery, glowing theme, my favorite product of the bunch, the Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Highlighting Stick in Shimmering Sands. This champagne toned cream stick highlight applies, blends, and highlights like a dream. Whenever I wear this, I can't help but admire how amazing my cheekbones and Cupid's bow look. I've also heard that this is an exact dupe for the Benefit Watt's Up. Like I said earlier, lip shades turn milkier and we tend to shy away from matte lip colors during the warmer months. I like to pick a gloss that's close to my natural lip color because that's what I'm comfortable with, but the NYX Mega Shine glosses come in tons of gorgeous colors. You can get these more neutral toned colors like Tea Rose, or you could go for a light peach or coral. Either way, the high shine but non-stick formula wears well and feels great on the lips. Finally, to finish up the warm weather edit, a fragrance. The Body Shop's Dreams Unlimited is the perfect spring scent for citrus lovers. This fresh and uplifting perfume has a really zingy but unoffensive fragrance that will last you all day, plus the base scents are phenomenal. Give it a sniff the next time you wander into a store.

That's all for today! Do you have any spring/summer picks? Do share!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!