Coola Face SPF 30 Cucumber Matte Finish Mineral Sunscreen | Review

8:00 AM

One of my biggest beauty blunders is not wearing SPF. I know, I know. It's terrible. SPF keeps you from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays, which can not only help prevent wrinkles but can also greatly lower your risk of skin damage, including skin cancer. The sun is not your friend. Keep away. A product that I'd been lusting over for almost a year is the Coola Face SPF 30 Cucumber Matte Finish Mineral Sunscreen (that's a mouthful) and I finally snagged it up recently. Read on to see my review!


What it is: a natural sunscreen
Where it is: Ulta and online
Price: $36
This product is cruelty free, vegan friendly, gluten free, and a whole bunch of other friendlys!


I try to be conscious about what I put on my face. Lots of people watch what they eat; I watch what I apply! I've been out on the market for a natural sunscreen for quite some time. I have one from Alba that's great for the body, but unfortunately no good for the face. I remember hearing Michelle Phan talk about it in a few of her videos around this time last year, and since then I've kept it on my radar. The only problem is the rather hefty $36 price tag. But eventually I just bit my lip and purchased it, and boy am I glad I did.

Coola says to "naturally shield and nourish skin everyday with this antioxidant-infused, mineral matte SPF 30 sunscreen. Offering broad-spectrum UVA/UVB plus environmental protection, this light, natural cucumber scented formula gives skin an immediate line-smoothing finish. Made with organic Rose Hip Oil, rich in free radical fighting Vitamin C; and organic calming Evening Primrose and Flax Seed Oils, delivering abundant Omega-3 and Gamma-Linolenic Acid to improve elasticity and help skin retain moisture. Organic Shea Butter smoothes and hydrates while the phyto-protector Plankton Extract rejuvenates skin." This sunscreen is ideal for all skin types, including sensitive and acne-prone types. It's preservative free and made with certified organic ingredients. It contains 1.7 fl oz, which is the same size as a regular moisturizer. Coola said something about this sunscreen being unable to develop bacteria because there's no water in it; I don't know the science because I'm the exact opposite of the scientific type but I think that's pretty cool! Or should I say it's pretty Coola... yeah I'm not the funny type either.


The packaging is pretty nice, nothing too flashy. It's packaged in a simple blue pump, although the tube itself is flexible and squishy. An entire pump is a pretty good amount for your entire face and décolletage. I use about half a pump and dot over the face. The only problem I have with it is that the packaging is opaque, which I suppose protects the product from getting altered by the sun, but it prevents you from seeing how much is left. This product was pretty pricey so I'm trying to preserve it, and this opaque tube is a huge nuisance in that process.


When first pumped out, the product is stark white and you think "oh my lord how is that going to blend into my face and not make me look like a ghost?" Not to fret, my friends. This product easily blends completely into the skin, leaving no trace that it was ever there. It claims to have a matte finish. Now, I have dry skin that doesn't produce a lot of oil, but my forehead is a little shiny and while this sunscreen doesn't mattify the shine, it doesn't make it worse or oily, like other sunscreens. It makes the skin feel so silky and soft, and how a pleasant, soft scent. I haven't had any sort of negative reaction to the product, and I can't really see it bothering many skintypes, as a lot of ingredients are antibacterial and gentle on the skin. The SPF 30 requires reapplication, but that's the case with any sunscreen for a prolonged period of time.

I really freaking love this product. The matte finish is so nice and lovely, not to mention the pleasant scent and gentleness of the product. If you can afford it, definitely go pick it up.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!