NYX Cream Eyeshadow in Suede | Review

4:15 PM

Happy Thursday! I don't know about you, but this week has been dragging me along, day by day. It's been brutal. Anyways, today I'm writing a review on the NYX Cream Eyeshadow in Suede. Read on!


What it is: a cream eyeshadow
Where it is: Target, Ulta, select Sears, and online
For how much: $5
NYX is cruelty free!

I've had this product in the back of my mind for quite some time now. I'm not sure why; to be truthful, it doesn't look exciting, and it seems like a pretty basic product. I suppose it could be the colors, they're quite beautiful. 

Anyways, NYX says that these shadows are "bursting with intense shimmering pigments in assorted hues. These exceptional shadows come in a variety of shades that have a velvety texture, dries promptly after application and lasts all day. Wearable for every season and occasion." There are twenty shades available, from a bright electric blue to pretty neutral shades.


The packaging is pretty basic and a little unhygenic. These come in round doe-foot applicator tubes. I don't really mind the applicator, but some people dislike them. The handle is a little too short for comfort, but that's not a big deal at all.


Suede is this amazing coppery-gold shade. It's a fairly shimmery shade that I think would look amazing on all skintones. It's very shimmery, and almost looks wet. It's really hard to tone it down though, so either go big or go home with these.


As you can see, this shadow has phenonomal color payoff - but a bit of an issue with blending. The top swatch is blended out immediately, and the bottom swatch is blended out after a few seconds, perhaps around 8 or 10. This shadow does not want to blend after it sets, it sort of pills up and just rubs away. Don't take the time to apply this to both eyes before blending, apply, blend as fast as you can, and then do the other eye. That being said, it does set while you blend and you can feel it too, but the product just doesn't want to blend with a brush. You gotta work fast. This might be an issue for some people. It bothers me, but I can make it work. The problem is that this creases so badly on me. I have fairly oily eyelids, but even applying this after a base doesn't do much. If you have dry eyelids and don't mind blending immediately after applying, this could be a great product for me, but I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Thanks for reading! What are your favorite cream shadows?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!