Sonia Kashuk Pearlescent Longwear Creme Shadow | Review

5:48 PM

I've been really loving this new shadow from the SK spring line, and I wanted to write a review for you. Read on!


What it is: cream eyeshadow
Where it is: Target stores + Target website
Price: $8.99
Sonia Kashuk is cruelty free!

Sonia Kashuk says that "these luxe, longwearing cream metallic shadows deliver a gilded look and brighter, more youthful-looking eyes. Light diffusing properties in the pigments impart a smoother finish while sesame, neem and Indian senna seed oils offer restoring, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties. The weightless formula glides evenly with a wand applicator and lasts for up to 14 hours." There are four shades available, and I have Diamond and Moonstone.


The packaging is pretty basic for a cream eyeshadow, despite being a little unhygenic it's perfectly functional and SK's matte black packaging always looks so nice and luxurious. It comes in a doe-foot applicator that you can either apply straight onto the eyes or dab off on the back of your hand and then apply it like that. I don't mind applying it straight from the tube, but I always apply it onto clean skin.

Let's talk formula before we get onto the shade descriptions. This is incredible. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I do. Nothing against Sonia Kashuk - we all know how much I love the products - but I was just expecting it to crease and a fade a bit. But I was so so so so soooo wrong. These cream shadows, despite being super creamy, lightweight, and easy to blend, don't crease, smudge, fade, run, smear, or anything else you'd expect it to do. They're so easy to blend but once they set, they ain't going anywhere. Speaking of so easy to blend, I absolutely love how easy this is to use. Apply colors where desired and either pat in with finger or blend out edges with a fluffy brush and you get a beautiful, effortless shimmery eye look that will last you all day and all night! You can either blend out the color a lot if you think it's a little much, or really build it up for max color payoff. Incredible.


So this shadow is available in four shades: Diamond, Moonstone, Quartz, and Tiger's Eye. As you can see, all of them are very shimmery, but there's absolutely no glitter. They have quite a metallic, almost wet finish, but I don't mind it - I actually kind of love it!

Diamond is a lovely creamy champagne shade. It's so pretty popped in the inner corner and browbone. Moonstone is a pretty cool light brown that borders on being taupe. It's a great everyday shade.The two make a really nice everyday look; pop Moonstone on the outer corners and Diamond on the inner corner and blend away.

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite cream shadow?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!