Recent Purchases/Mini Reviews

4:26 AM

Today I'm writing a post about some recent purchases. I've been sneakily shopping over the past month and a half and putting reviews and posts up, but these are the other products that I've added to my pile of things to use and haven't mentioned yet that I want to talk about. Read on!


No7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser
This is the product that I've been using the longest out of the bunch. The moment I saw this cleanser I was reminded of the Clarins version of this, which I've never used, but if you have you might want to try this out because they seem quite similar. Anyways, this comes out a gel, melts into an oil, and emulisifes when water is added. There's a definite learning curve if you're used to foaming cleansers, but it's a really lovely cleanser. It takes off light makeup and leaves the skin feeling nourished and clean. There's a scent, it kind of smells like a sexy man. I don't mind the scent at all - I kind of love it - but this might bother a lot of other people.

Pacifica Eye Lining Smolder Gel (Tahitian Pearl)
I was so excited to hear that Pacifica was coming out with a makeup line. Up until last year they were a perfume and body product company, but they expanded to skincare then and onto makeup this year. This product was the first thing that stood out to me when I gave the collection a onceover. The shade is incredible. It's this khaki toned dark brown with shimmer. I've got a review of this coming up really soon, but let me just tell y
ou... I am conflicted.

Etude House Drawing Brow Pencil (Gray Brown)
I feel like in America the only well-known brow pencil with this type of packaging is the Hourglass one. I wasn't willing to pay the big bucks for that, so I shelled out a few bucks to get this shipped from Korea. It's an awesome shade, perfect for my soft black hair. This product is a great pencil, it really is. It's waxy yet not too waxy, long lasting but not impossible to get off, natural looking but defined, etc. The spoolie is nothing to hit home about but it's functional and brushes out product.

Meishoku Organic Rose Moisture Cream
I picked this up at a Japanese supermarket (Mitsuwa in Edgewater, NJ) where I also saw Bioderma, btw! Anyways, the products there were at such an inflated price that this was the cheapest thing that wasn't face wash. I've only used this a few times so I don't have a very developed opinion on it, but it's nice and light and smells nice and I haven't yet had a bad reaction. We shall see!

Koji No.70 Eyelash Curler
I always struggle to use eyelash curlers because they never fit my eyes right. I'm Asian and have a flatter facial structure, which includes my eyes. They're quite flat and my lashline is rather straight, so I was really pleased to see these curlers. I remember a YouTuber (can't remember who for the life of me) saying these were amazing for Asians, so I threw this in my basket. Yeah, she was right. They're pretty great.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!