Dark spots on your body? I might have just the cure!

6:03 PM

A lot of people suffer from dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and scars on their faces. There are a lot of products targeted towards people concerned with that. However, what about us with dark spots on our bodies? I know how you feel, if you  have them. I pick at my scabs... don't do that. It'll leave you with a scar. As a result of that, my legs are scattered with scars. I figured I'd just let them sit by themselves until they eventually disappear for years, but a while ago I grew tired of looking at my legs and bought myself some scar removing products.


Bio Oil is a cult favorite in the beauty world. People rave about this being Holy Grail status and amazing. To be perfectly honest, I haven't used it yet. I got it as a backup for the oil I'm using right now. I will say that it smells a little odd.

Speaking of the oil I'm using right now, we have here the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil (the label peeled off, sorry!). It smells like chocolate (the scent lingers, by the way) and hydrates my skin really well. I haven't seen much impact that this has on my scars. It has, however, helped with my stretch marks. They've all but disappeared. The bottle recommends to use this three times a day for maximum impact. I use it once (or twice, if I remember) a day and the stretch marks are disappearing nonetheless.

The Yes To Grapefruit Dark Spot Correcting Body Creme is the first product I've seen designed specifically for correcting dark spots on the body. It's like a body butter, but a tad bit more whipped in texture. It smells diving (like grapefruits!) and sinks in quickly. The creme also claims to reduce spots in four weeks. I found that it took me more than four weeks to see significant results, but there were definitely results in a few weeks.

This one might seem a little out of place... Vitamin E (these are Costco brand). I squeeze the oil out of the capsules, but drugstores do sell vitamin E oil. This works, however, I can't stand it. It takes forever to absorb into your skin and you can never really get it off your hands from spreading it over your skin. However, if you have the patience, using straight up vitamin E does work.

Sorry, this product isn't pictured. Mederma is a scar treatment that my doctor actually recommended to me. I went through like, three tubes of this stuff. Full disclosure, after about six months my skin did grow immune to it (which is why I haven't repurchased), but it worked like a charm for those six months. My dark spots were reduced greatly. I used to put it on before my lotion, and then when I got lazy I started mixing it in with my body lotion, which worked all the same.

Another unpictured item: aloe vera. This might seem strange, but with continued use of this superplant, your scars will start to fade. Aloe vera gel can be purchased at most drugstores for a pretty affordable price, or you can scoop the meat out of the plant itself (also affordable). The only problem is that the plant's leaves don't grow back, so be wary if you're using the plant directly.

Some quick tips to helping body spots fade faster:

  • Sunscreen. Some of your spots might be sun spots, so always be sure to apply sunscreen!
  • Hydrate. I'm not sure why, but whenever my lets are soft and hydrated the spots seem to disappear faster.
  • Don't overload your spots with products!

Ayo, so I hope this post was of some help to you. I know it can be a little difficult tracking down products designed for dark spots on the body. Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!