NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review

8:59 PM

Hi, everybody! I've got a review for you, today it's on NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo.


What it is: liquid lipstick with a matte finish
Where it is: select drugstores like Ulta and online
What's the price: $6
Anything else - NYX products are cruelty free, some are vegan friendly

NYX claims that these liquid lipsticks are "neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing."

These lip creams are available in ten shades, ranging from bubblegum pink shades to deep reds. I have mine in San Paulo, which is described simply as a "plummy pink". I think San Paulo is a berry toned mauvy-pink, a nice color for an everyday lip if it matches your complexion well, which it does me.



The packaging is really simple - it's like a lip gloss with a doe-foot applicator. The sifter sometimes won't remove enough product and you're left with a little too much and have to wipe it on the mouth of the tube, but otherwise the packaging is fine. It functions fine.



This is insanely pigmented. I've heard only wonderful things about all of the shades, and I intend on owning them all the next time I get around to an Ulta or somewhere that sells NYX products (they can be a little hard to locate sometimes). As you can see, the swatch is opaque and the color payoff is phenomenal. The cream itself also smells incredible, like cookie dough or something I could eat.



These are incredible. Love at first use. They're super creamy, glide on evenly and fade evenly (I get a couple hours wear from these - they also wear comfortably!), dry to a matte finish quickly, and they don't dry out my lips. Granted, these aren't exactly hydrating, but they do not dry out your lips at all.

Bottom line: you get yourself some of these. I definitely will. They're affordable and really really great, and live up to the claims.

Thanks for reading! Have you tried these products, or any liquid lipsticks? What did you think?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!