Out With The Old #1

11:52 AM

Hey, guys! How are you today? I decided I'm going to start a new series of posts, similar to empties. However, these aren't empty products, but things that I'm going to get rid of, whether given away or tossed because it's bad or empty. I wanted to do these instead of empties because I don't finish up products quickly, but I'm going to write a mini-review on the products anyways. Today I've got an armful of products, some new and unused because I'm going away and I'm going to give these to my friends.



1. Ponds Clarant B3 Dark Spot Correcting Creme (Normal/Dry) - empty. The label peeled off! This is the formula for normal to dry skin. There are two versions of this, one for normal/oily skin and one for normal/dry skin. I had mixed feelings about this product; while it definitely did help with dark spots, it was too heavily fragranced and could be irritating for some people, and didn't quite provide me with enough moisture. I would not repurchase.

2. Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick - empty. This wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. The packaging was really unhygienic, it came in rollerball form, so aren't you essentially rolling the bacteria back onto your skin? Anyways, like I said, it was neither good nor bad. I had to dip a damped q-tip into the product, which wasted a lot of product, but I feel like this worked to an extent. It dried out any pimples considerably, but that was only a temporary fix, as the blemish would pop back up. I would not repurchase.

3. Equate Nail Polish Remover - empty. I had this for ages, as I went about two years or so without wearing nail polish. This was supposed to be a Target knockoff of Cutex remover. I honesty don't care what brand takes off my nail polish, as long as it gets it done. This did just that, with a bit of elbow grease. It didn't leave my nails feeling brittle or dry. I do not care if I repurchase.

4. No7 Maximum Volume Mascara - empty/old. This was not a very good mascara. First of all, this is the only Boots mascara I have seen without a little blurb on the packaging with claims. This must mean that Boots doesn't believe in this mascara, because I certainly didn't. Second of all, the mascara did not live up to the name - maximum volume? You can hardly say that if all the mascara does is color your lashes. It didn't provide volume, length, curl, or definition. In fact, the formula never seemed to really dry and I had to be really careful blinking until it somewhat dried. I would never repurchase. What a waste of money.

5. No7 Exquisite Curl Mascara - empty. After that rather negative mini review on the last No7 mascara, I thought I'd bring you a positive one. I liked this mascara - it gave me natural looking volume and length, and even curled my stick straight lashes with the nifty wand. It never smudged, flaked, or budged, but it was really easy to remove with some makeup remover. I would repurchase, and plan to the next time I go to Target.

6. NYX Za Za Zu Mascara - almost new, giving away. I used this mascara once. It's a fiber mascara, so I expected a lot of volume and length, but it didn't really give me very much. Not to say that this was a bad mascara, as I could visibly see more volume, but not nearly as much as I expected and with barely any length. The mascara also has a very dry formula, which isn't bad but it made the mascara flake a bit, and the fibers would flake into my eyes. The wand is also waaaaaay too big. I didn't dislike it, it just wasn't for me so I would not repurchase.

7. Nivea Lip Butter (Raspberry Rose Kiss) - used a few times, giving away. These products are really lovely, very moisturizing. However, this one left with me with such a terrible white cast! I've been using it to remove stubborn lip products, but that's it. I can't stand the white cast. I would not repurchase this particular one.

8. Boots Extracts Almond Lip Balm - used a few times, giving away. I have the coconut version of this lip balm, and I loved it, so I went and bought this one. I really wanted to like it, but I hate the smell. The formula itself is good, nice and moisturizing, but man the smell... I would not repurchase this particular one.

9. Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24hr Eyeshadow (Inked In Pink) - used a few times, giving away. This was a nice product. Read my full review here. I'm not keeping it because I barely use it, but I would repurchase if Maybelling stopped testing on animals.

10. Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm (Rosy Red) - used a few times, giving away. This is a lovely product. Ready my full review here. However, the color is just not for me. I would not repurchase this particular shade.

11. Essie No Place Like Chrome - used a few times, giving away. Essie products are always so and so with me. While they're opaque in a couple coats, they chip so easily. This product was one of those. It's a very nice shade,  chrome, but it's something that I barely wore and it would chip off within two days without a top coat. I would not repurchase.

12. No7 Stay Perfect Amazing Eyes Pencil (Brown) - used once, giving away. I did not like this product. Review coming soon. It was generally bad; the wood was spintery, it didn't have great color payoff, and it smudged. I would not repurchase.

13. NYX Slide On Eyeliner (Black Sparkle) - used once, giving away. This is a really nice product. Read my full review here. It's just not something that I would use. I would not repurchase this particular shade.

14. Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeliner (Black) - used once, giving away. This pencil was surprisingly good, the color payoff was intense and you got a ton of product for one dollar. The problem was that this smudged on my oily lids, otherwise it was a nice product. It just wasn't for me, so I would not repurchase.

15. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer (Rhubarb) - used a couple times, giving away. There was nothing wrong with this product, I just wasn't using it. Read my full review here. I would repurchase if something came up when I needed it.

16. Maybelline Masterdrama Cream Eye Pencil (Midnight Master) - used a few times, giving away. I wanted to like this, as everyone else who has it says it's nice... but we just didn't get along. The packaging won't retract, and the first time I ever used it I had to twist for about five minutes until the product came up. It smudged and moved around on my lids. I would not repurchase.

17. Bath and Body Works Lipilicious Mint Glass - used a few times, giving away. I'm not a big lip gloss person. This was a nice gloss, super shiny and smelled like mint chocolate, I just don't love lip gloss. I would not repurchase simply because I don't like lip gloss.

I also have a few new and unused products that I'm (you guessed it) giving away. I don't have anything to say about these products, because I've never tried them...

NYX Le Frou Frou Mascara
NYX Faux Lashes Mascara
Jill Stuart Jelly Lip Gloss Trio
Material Girl Lip Gloss

Thanks for reading! Have you used up/gotten rid of any products recently? What did you think of them?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!