Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm Review in No. 7 Rosy Red

2:53 PM

So I'm sure you've noticed the whole "tinted balm stain" craze that Revlon's Just Kissable Balm Stains sent everybody into a doozy. Today's review is on Pixi's take on that, the Tinted Brilliance Balm in No.7 Rosy Red.

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm - No.7 Rosy Red
This tinted balm was $16 at Target, which costs the same as the Clinique Chubby Sticks. Pixi products can be purchased online and at Target stores. I have mine in the color Rosy Red (in case you couldn't tell from the title). Pixi does not test on animals.

Left is blended out, right is heavily swatched.
Rosy Red is described as a "clear red," which I totally agree with. It's red enough to give your lips color, but still a little see-through. This color is definitively buildable. 


It's in a little twist-up crayon, which is nice and portable. The whole concept of these Tinted Brilliance Balms is that after the balm goes away, the lips are supposed to be left tinted with a personalized color based on your lips' pH level. It has a strong minty smell, and feels waxy on the lips, but is very hydrating. It's packed full of things that are good for the lips like jojoba oil, vitamins E and A, shea butter, rose extract, and peptides.



I quite like this balm. Granted, it's the only shade I've tried out of the ten colors available, but I like this balm a lot. It gives nice color, hydrates my lips, adds a nice sheen, glides on smoothly, and does leave behind a tint that doesn't transfer when you've been drinking, eating, talking, etc. I'd definitely recommend to anyone who wants a subtle wash of color! 

I'll be repurchasing. The next color I'll be trying from this collection is Unique Pink, which is one of those intuitive lip balms that change color according to your natural lips! Check out this post from The Beauty Department to learn more about those, as that's another post for another day.

Okay guys, thanks for reading! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!