Tips for traveling

3:23 PM

Hi! I'm in the car driving with my brother as I type these words. We're braving the road and driving 8 hours to Michigan to visit some friends, so I thought I'd share some travel tips.

Beauty travel tips:
  1. I'm sure you've heard this one, but bring travel sized thing. Reuse little containers and pots (or you can buy travel sets for like $4) or, my favorite tip, put your product into contact lens cases. Things you only use a bit of, like eye cream and and spot treatments. Wash the case before you put your products in, of course.
  2. Bring dry shampoo. Get a little travel sized dry shampoo, it's gonna be a lifesaver for long trips.
  3. Make the most of your makeup. This is a tip I not only use for traveling, but for life in general. I like to double my lipstick up as cream blush, use matte white eyeshadow as highlight, double up my foundation as concealer, etc. It makes your load a lot lighter and also saves you time.
  4. Buns are great hairstyles. You can dress them down or up, depending on where they are on your head and the accessories you wear with them. Bring a bun maker or a sock donut.
  5. Pack your makeup as you apply it. For example, the day before or the morning of your departure, pack your makeup into your travel bag as you put your makeup on. Put on concealer, pack it. Put on foundation, pack it, so on and so forth. This prevents you from forgetting any essentials and everyday products.
  6. Get a sample of your favorite perfume. Go into Sephora and ask your a sample in your favorite scent, or get a Travelo.
  7. Make the most use out of your shoes when traveling. I recommend versatile shoes, like cute flats, wedges, and nice sandals.
  8. Bring a blazer. Blazers are super easy to style, you can dress them up or down.
Flying tips:
  1. Take off your makeup. You absolutely must take off your makeup.
  2. Apply a hydrating mask (or slather moisturizer on)
  3. Wear comfortable clothes like leggings, sneakers, and a sweater.
General travel tips:
  1. Drink lots and lots of water. Stay hydrated!
  2. Take lots of pictures. You'll wish you had more when you get older.
  3. Apply sunscreen.
Okay guys, that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed these tips and tricks!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!