Skincare Routine

5:48 PM

Hey everyone, thought I'd bring you a skincare routine.

To my, skincare is the most important part of a beauty routine. Good skin makes me feel confident. I'm not 100% satisfied with my routine right now, but I'm pretty happy with it. We get along well.

Some background on my skin - it's normal/dry, and a little dull. I don't usually break out, but I do get the occasional blemish. I think my routine is pretty simple, and I try not to use too many products on my face. A lot of people have different products that they use at night and day, but not me.

Morning
Splash face with cold water. Pat dry.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream - about $10
Dab a bit of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream underneath my eyes and up to my browbones
Nivea Soft - about $5
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 with helioplex - $13
Massage Nivea Soft onto face, sometimes mixed with Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 if I'm spending more than ten minutes outside.
Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller - $12
Roll Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller underneath eyes and up to browbone
Mederma Scar Gel - $19
Scar cream with Mederma Scar Treatment. Probably not supposed to be used on the face, but oh well.
C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve - $5.50 at Bath and Body Works
Put a copious amount of lip balm on

Like I said, a lot of my night and day items correlate. You'll find the same basic products.

Night
Pond's Deep Cleansing Cleanser - purchased in Taiwan. Not sure where you can get it in America.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub - $8 for the big bottle
Not sure what to call this other than face brush - purchased in Japan for 100 yen. You can get them at Sephora for six bucks a pop.
Wash face with Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (every other day) and Pond's Deep Cleansing Mud Cleanser (when I don't use the foaming scrub). I like to use the little face brush with the Pond's.
Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner - around $7
Pour a little toner onto my hands and gently pat onto face. I'm using the Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner right now. It smells nice.

Moisturize with Neutrogena Eye Cream and Nivea Soft again

Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick - $7
Apply Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick to any problem areas. I popped out the unhygienic rollerball and dip a dampened cotton swab into the bottle instead.

Exfoliate lips with a DIY scrub I made out of Vaseline and sugar

Apply generous amounts of lip balm and slather Vaseline over.

I like to give myself a mini facial while putting on my moisturizer by pressing on the high points of my cheekbones and my browbones and, making L shapes with my hands, moving from the center of my face out (I do this from the top of my cheekbones, the middle, and then my jawline).

Twice a week, I give myself a facial by slathering on moisturizer and lying a hot towel on my face until it cools, which I repeat twice.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask - $16 for the 1.7 oz tube
Twice a week as well, I use an overnight mask on my particularly dry areas (high points of cheekbones, t-zone and eyebrows). Right now I'm using a little sample size of Origins Drink Up  Intensive Overnight Mask. Love it.
Petal Fresh Aloe & Cucumber Facial Peel Off Masque - purchased in Taiwan but $5 on Ebay
Sometimes I forget, but I try to use a mask at least once a week. I'm using a peel-off mask right now, the Petal Fresh Botanics Aloe and Cucumber Facial Peel Off Masque. I got this in Taiwan, so I'm not sure where you can get it in the states.

So that's it, guys. Thanks for reading! I appreciate it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!