Rose Salve Review

12:00 PM

Hey guys, I have another review for you. Today's is going to be on the C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve.

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve - $5.50 at Bath & Body Works
This salve contains 0.8 oz of product. I got mine for $5.50 at Bath & Body Works, but it can be purchased online, from B&BW's website or C.O. Bigelow's. Rosebud Perfume Co. does have a similar product, that is $6 at Sephora, but I haven't tried that yet so I can't recommend it. Basically, this is a salve that can be used on any dry areas on the body. It's in a little red tin. The front has the brand and product name. The back has directions, claims, and ingredients. The sides of the tin have some uses for this salve. This company does not test on animals. This product was made in the USA.


When I first bought mine, the lid of the tin wouldn't stay on no matter what! I have since dropped it quite a few times since then. Those falls have left dents but it actually keeps the lid on a hell of a lot better.

Claim on the back of the tin:
No 012 Rose Salve Rose Extract 0.9% C.O. Bigelow's famous Rose Salve has been a favorite since the early days, due to its ability to care for lips and beautify skin. Emulsified with extra-soothing rose extract, which helps ease irritation and condition the skin.





At first glance, one sees a pinkish balm. It goes on clear and leaves a nice sheen if used on the lips, not too glossy or too matte. It kind of feels like a thinner Vaseline, but unlike Vaseline, this product actually provides moisture instead of just locking it in. It's a multi-functional salve that can be used on the face, lips, cuticles, elbows, knees, and essentially anywhere that is dry. I've seen someone online say it works well as highlighter, but I haven't tried that trick yet. It smells kind of funky, like fake flowers, but I actually like the way it smells. I personally use it on my lips and cuticles nightly. I rub the extra salve from my finger onto my elbows each time. 

Overall, I think this is a nice all-around product. You get a good amount for your money, and a little bit of this stuff goes a long way. I'd recommend it to a friend, and I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

Ingredients:
Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Squalene, Flavor (Aroma), Octyldodecanol, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Bisabolol, Jojoba Esters, Red 30 Lake (CI73360).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!