Emily's Mediocre Life Advice | Be Happy When You're Sad

12:28 AM

Hey there, how's it going? Today's post is going to be a little bit different. I decided I'm going to start a series  called Emily's Mediocre Life Advice, as you can see from the title. I am by no means an expert at life. I spend most of my time pitying myself and watching television, actually. But along the way I have picked up some well-learned lessons.

I'm going to keep this short and simple. I'm not looking for any pity, I just want to share my advice with anyone with the same problems as me. Maybe you'll get something out of this too. I have been mildly depressed for the better part of a year. I cope. You know how it is, sometimes you just have those bad days.

Anyways, I want to help people. I enjoy making people laugh, it's one of the things in life that make me happiest. However, I tend to have a very awkward air. I make people laugh uncomfortably, which cracks me in turn up. But since text can be deceiving (I could be being sarcastic right now but I could also be being dead serious), I have a non humorous post about how to keep yourself happy when you're sad.


1. Keep yourself occupied.

By this, I mean to have a schedule. Don't spend all your time moping around feeling bad for yourself. Make plans, spend time with your friends, call your mother, go on a date with your significant other. Perhaps start a new hobby. Don't fill your life up to the point where you're always rushing about trying to get somewhere, but do have plans. You'll think about being sad less often.

2. Don't forget what's important to you.

Trust me, it's easy to get lost when you're sad. However, I've noticed that if I keep in mind what means a lot to me I'm less likely to get lost in the void. You know what void I'm talking about.

3. Think of the good things in life.

I really really hate it when people tell me this, but it's true. Don't think when you stubbed your toe on the counter corner this morning. That's not evidence that the world's out to get you. Don't think of the time that store employee was rude to you as proof that the world is out to get you. Focus on the positives of your life. They'll keep you going when times are tough.


There you have it. Try to keep your chin up, hot stuff. Hoped I helped in any way.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!