Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Eyeliner + Serum Review

1:14 PM

Hey y'all. I'm back with another review, today is on a liquid eyeliner, specifically the Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Eyeliner + Serum.


I got this eyeliner for about $11 at Target. Physician's Formula products can be purchased online and at drugstores. This eyeliner is availble in three shades, Black, Ultra Black, and Deep Brown. It's also available in felt-tip form. I have the brush tip one in Ultra Black.



So this eyeliner has a fair amount of ridiculous claims. It claims to be long wearing, water and smudge resistant, and also to grow your lashes over time with continuous use. I didn't buy it for the lash serum, but I haven't seen much growth anyways. Either way, I haven't used it long enough to say.




This eyeliner comes in very sophisticated packaging, a sleek, silver pen. The formula is fed through the brush tip, which is tiny and precise. It looks very expensive and classy. I quite like it.


As for formulation? It's not as pigmented as I imagined. I'd read some excellent reviews on it where people raved about it being super pigmented. It's not bad, just not as opaque as I'd expect. The first two swatches (from left to right) are with one swatch. The last one is two swatches. The picture doesn't show it very well, but the last swatch is significantly darker than the first two. So you have to layer it to really get it to be ultra black. The problem with this is that if you apply another layer after the first one has dried, the brush picks up the dried eyeliner and wipes it away. Apply another coat of this before the first one has dried if you really want an ultra black.

Anyways, after that little rant about the pigmentation, it's not a 24 hour eyeliner. Some people boast about it not going anywhere, but that (for me, at least) is just not true. It won't smudge, that's true, but it fades off by the end of the day. And I'm talking school day, so around 7 hours. It removes very easily with water, so if you're just wearing eyeliner on your eyes than removing your eye makeup will be a piece of cake.

Okay, that's it for today! Thanks for reading.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!