Clinique Chubby Stick | Review

5:15 PM

These lip balm crayons have taken the beauty world by storm. Seems that every brand has about a million out these days, but I thought I'd take it old school and get one of the original crayons, the infamous Clinique Chubby Stick.


What it is: a tinted lip balm
Where it is: Department stores, online, and Sephora
Price: $17
FYI: Clinique products are tested on animals.


There are a lot of different opinions about this product. Some people love them, some hate them. Clinique claims that this "Super-nourishing balm is loaded with mango and shea butters. Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth. Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with a subtle sheen." There are sixteen shades available, I have mine in Super Strawberry.




The packaging is really basic, but pretty nice. A twist up crayon with a corresponding color. This is pretty much the standard packaging. 




Super Strawberry is a dark, slightly berry pink. It's almost the exact color of my lips, making it a great "my lips but better" shade for me. Strangely enough, it's not minty or tingly like the other lip crayons. It has a bit of a synthetic smell, but only if you put the bullet to your nose and whiff deeply. The formula for this is really nice. It's fairly sheer, but intentionally so. It's pretty glossy, giving you slightly hydration - or at least doesn't dry out the lips. It wears really comfortably. It's not one of those lip products where you can feel it on your lips, you know what I mean? Out of this particular shade I get around three hours before I need to reapply, but the color doesn't look patchy or gather at the corners of my mouth like some other products.



All in all, this crayon is nice - it really is - but not worth $17. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!