Out With The Old #3

4:09 PM

Hi guys! I'm back today for another OWTO post. There are only a few products in here today, but I really wanted to talk about an... experience I had.


Kenra Boosting Spray Foam
This is basically a spray (not quite hairspray, but it does hold your style) that volumizes hair. I thought this was a great idea because I have thin, flat hair, and truthfully it did volumize to an extent but oh man the smell. It was so strong. It smelled like apples and lemons, but imagine them shoved up your nose and seeping into your brain. I had to turn on the bathroom fan and air it out just to get rid of the way too strong scent all three times I used this. I just had to toss it. I will not be repurchasing. Especially not for the $17 I got it at at the salon.

Pssssst! Dry Shampoo
A lot of people like this dry shampoo, and rightfully so! It absorbs oil pretty well and hair a light, neutral scent. The only problem I have with this is that it leaves a tad bit of white cast, but otherwise it was great. Really affordable as well! Will not be repurchasing but only because of the white cast.

Garnier Fructis
Since this ran out I've seen a big difference in my hair... it misses this oil. I really liked this! It smelled great, was really good for smoothing and hydrating. I would repurchase, but Garnier is a company that tests on animals, so I won't.

Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water
I'm still really conflicted about this product. Cleansing waters aren't popular here in the States. This was the first one I ever tried, and I kind of liked it. It left a bit of a stick residue on my skin, but it took off makeup well and I really liked how convenient it was. I might repurchase - we'll see if I find another cleansing water first.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
This is a big favorite among a lot of people, but it just didn't do anything for me. It's not quite empty, but this bottle is really old and only gathering dust so I figured I'd toss it. It's not good at taking off makeup, doesn't foam up at all, smells weird, and honestly I found no difference in my acne. Will not repurchase.

Petal Fresh face mask??
I literally can't find a clue of this existing. I guess the brand has shut down, which makes sense since I bought it in Taiwan (although it's apparently an American brand). Anyways, this was a peel off mask - applies like a gel, peels off. Very cool, but also very high alcohol content. I don't want to be keeping that on my face. Would and can't repurchase.

Yes To Grapefruits Dark Spot Correcting Body Creme
I liked this body butter for the formula, not for dark spot correction. For that latter, it was just kind of useless. However, I did really like the formula. It smelled nice but the scent didn't linger (I prefer that), absorbed in very quickly, and also hydrated pretty well. Really great morning lotion. I may or may not repurchase - when I get rid of my dark spots I def will.


Only one of these products here is empty actually, the rest I just don't use anymore. 

Mineral Essence Foundation in M3
I bought this online, and judging by the only picture and description I thought I'd at least be able to pull this off in the summer. Wrong. This shade was so much darker than my skin tone, and way too orange to be used as a contour as well. Although the powder was finely milled, there was a lot of shimmer in this and I don't think I'll repurchase.

No7 Exquisite Curl Mascara
This tube was actually a repurchase. Although this is a nice mascara that provides a lot of natural looking volume and curl, I don't think I'll repurchase. It's just not enough volume and curl for me. I do recommend for those with more full lashes however, as it never flakes and rarely smudges.

No7 Beautiful Eyebrow Pencil
I originally really liked this pencil... but upon stumbling onto my favorite pencil, I realized that this isn't very good. The overly-waxy and hard pencil didn't last very long at all, and was hard to brush out. Would not repurchase.

Tokidoki Lip Gloss
This brand used to be available at Sephora, but they've stopped stocking them for quite some time now, actually. This gloss had zero pigmentation, despite the tube looking so bright and fun. It was super shiny and smelled good, and I have nothing wrong with the product, it's just old and I never ever used it.

NYX HD Eye Primer
If you'll remember, this was in my haul from last week. That's right, I'm already tossing it. I dropped it this morning and the top snapped right off! This includes the twisty part where the wand goes. Not only did the packaging have a major flaw, I wasn't particularly impressed with this. It made the shadow last a lot longer, but didn't help with creasing at all. If anything, it made my lids even more oily and never seemed to really dry or set.


What the actual fuck? How does that happen?

That's all for today! Thanks for reading~

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!