Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Crayon | Review

7:11 PM

Hiiiiii. How're you today? I've got a review on a relatively new (to me) product, but I really wanted to get my thoughts out. Read on!


What it is: a lip crayon
Where: Target stores
Price: $7.59
FYI: SK products are not tested on animals!

I've had my peepers on these guys for ages. It's literally been on my makeup shopping list for six months. I just never really got around to getting any. I totally would'be bought more - but I was running out of time. Damn! I've heard that this line is an exact dupe of the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. Keep in mind that I don't have anything to prove that theory but they seem like a budget friendly option for the $25 Nars pencils. 

Sonia Kashuk says the "Creamy texture ensures an easy glide on application that will not feel dry on the lips and instantly coats with rich pigmented color. Each of the six mattes shades offer extra long wear to keep your smile looking gorgeous! Contains fig aroma." Out of the six shades, I have Blossomy Nude

Packaging, although simple, is quite nice (like all SK products!). A matte lip crayon that needs to be sharpened. The shade of the pencil is on the bottom. The only problem I have with it is that you lose a lot of product in the process, and because the pencil is jumbo sized you might have problems finding a sharpener. The tip of mine had actually fallen off in the cap and I had to sharpen it completely... what a nightmare.


Blossomy nude is a dark mauve pink. It's a "my lips but better shade". I tend to gravitate toward those because my comfort zone is very tight-knit. Anyways, the formula for this is incredible! Super pigmented, creamy color that glides on without tugging the lips. It wears comfortably and doesn't dry out the lips at all, despite being a pretty matte finish. There's a sliiiiight sheen, but something only you'd notice if you were inspecting the lips. The color lasts a good five hours or so. It does tend to go a bit patchy at the end, so be careful. The color doesn't collect in the corners of the mouth or settle into the creases. 

Highly recommend! Go get yourself some. I'm def going to own the entire range by the time I return from my next Target run.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!