End of 2013 | Life Update

2:56 PM

I found this thing on tumblr and I thought, sure, why not do it? I might do this same thing next year. Who knows, it might become a tradition!


Looking back on 2013

1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Traveled completely by myself! I flew to Michigan over the summer all by myself. Seems like a petty thing, but oh well, it was a big accomplishment to me because I have a bit of social anxiety and being alone in crowded places makes me very nervous.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, but I made a buttload this year. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nah.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but my best friends aunt died of breast cancer. 

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada over the summer, but otherwise I stayed in the States.

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More confidence, less fear, and more sass.

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't quite remember what exact day I saw it, it might have been May 9th, but I had a really nice date with my boyfriend when we went and saw Iron Man 3 at a dine-in theater, it was really nice. Also April 20 (hehe), I went to a hockey game with my best friend. December 23, Christmas party with my dear friends. They're all just warm fuzzy memories that make me feel good.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not living enough and doubting myself too much.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing big, really. In March I had an enlarged lymph node on my neck, from a past cold, not a big deal. But when I was a child I had a benign tumor on my neck so my parents went crazy when I told them about the lymph node.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my phone, haha. I'm glued to this thing.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My boyfriend!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled?
Probably myself; I tend to turn my filter off without realizing.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mostly to myself. Selfish, I know! 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I remember at the start of the year my boyfriend took me to the MoMA in New York, I'd been there before (several times, in fact) but since it was his first time I was really excited for him. We had a lot of fun

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I've no idea. Perhaps Happiness by The Fray.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Honest to god, I think I'm the same. 

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gotten more done in general.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinated.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas isn't a big deal at my house. We just don't care enough, so I spent Christmas watching all the Christmas specials of my favorite shows.

21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Well... Late 2012. I fell in love with things like tv shows and role models and music though, a lot in 2013.

22. What was your favourite TV program?
Supernatural!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mat Kearney! I love him.

26. What did you want and get?
New phone!

27. What did you want and not get?
A lot of stuff. I'm gonna avoid answering this one, the answer is much too long.

28. What was your favourite film of this year?
(500) Days of Summer. I like to think that this movie is the film form of me.

29. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I used heat on my hair once. Because of this, my hair got super long and it's very satisfying to me.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Crappy, lazy fashion to less crappy, but still lazy hipster/grunge fashion.

31. What kept you sane?
My boyfriend, my best friends.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jensen Ackles. Misha Collins.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
The government shutdown. Come on, America. Get it together.

34. Who did you miss?
My boyfriend, my friends.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Keep going. You are strong enough to make it through this. 

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I'm asking for your help; I am going through hell, afraid nothing can save me but the sound of your voice." - How by Maroon 5

I'm really looking forward to 2014. 2013 was an exhausting year. The best way to sum it up is as an emotional rollercoaster. It was amazing and horrible at the same time, and I'm happy for a new start. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!