Mary Kay Timewise Products

5:21 PM

Hi, everyone! It's freezing out today, snowed an inch or two last night that froze overnight. Anyways, today I'm bringing you a review on three products from the Mary Kay Timewise line!


For those of you that don't know, Mary Kay isn't exactly a brand that you can walk into a store and purchase. Like Avon, most products are bought online or through a representative. I got these products from a consignment shop owned by a friend. I've got the Replenishing Serum + C, Firming Eye Cream, and Moisture Renewing Gel Mask.


MK claims that "this antioxidant-rich serum is powered by a potent blend of multiple botanical extracts. These extracts are derived from natural ingredients known for their high levels of Vitamin C, which can help protect skin against free radical damage that can impact skin firmness and definition. The overall effect is positively uplifting! The innovative airless pump bottle keeps air out, so you can be confident that you are getting the same maximized product freshness with every application." This product is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. This product is supposed to contain a lot of botanicals high in Vitamin C, such as pomegranate extract.

How amazing is this packaging?? There's a little window on the side that allows you to see how much you have left. Mary Kay recommends using three pumps of this, but I thought that was a little much. Using three pumps twice a day gives you six weeks of using this serum. Every day the product will move up to the next little slot, which I thought was really cute for some reason. Anyways, I used the recommended amount for about a week and then decided it was way too much serum (I ended up slathering most on my neck and chest) and dropped the dosage down to one pump.


This serum has a light and runny texture, like most serums. It has a pleasing scent that reminds me of baked goods. It sinks in relatively quickly, and the smell doesn't linger. I didn't have any sort of reaction to this, good or bad. I used about half of this before I decided it didn't do anything for my skin. I used it for quite some time, much longer than the three weeks the bottle indicates. It was pleasant to put on, but I felt like it just wasn't benefiting me in any way. If you've got mature skin or dull skin this might do something, but I don't think I'll repurchase, or even finish.


Now onto the eye cream! MK claims that "this luxuriously rich eye cream is so advanced, it improves firmness and brightens while providing intense moisturization. It also minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with the combined power of a collagen-enhancing peptide duo that restores the supporting structure to revitalize cells for firmer skin." This cream is hypoallergenic. 

The packaging for this cream is simple but aesthetically appealing. The pump is really nice, but it pumps out way too much. One pump would be enough for my face. I would always end up with way too much cream and end up using it on my cuticles. 


This cream is a light texture, making it ideal for day use. It's not fast to sink in, but you don't have to wait ages. This didn't aggravate my milia, but also didn't calm it down. This cream is hydrating, but it's not as rich as I would like it to be. Personally, I didn't see any difference in any fine lines. Other people have said the same thing, but it is lightly moisturizing. I would recommend for anyone in their twenties who don't require a lot of undereye hydration.


MK claims that this mask "instantly hydrates and locks in moisture. Skin appears less stressed and feels purified, nourished, calmed, firmer, smoother and softer. This product also helps minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores. It features an aromatic scent of botanical extracts including chamomile, rosewood and lavandin." It's oil-free, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and non-comedoginic.

The packaging for this product is really simple but nice, a simple squeeze tube. The squeezy part is really easy to control, because it's small and allows you to squeeze out as much product as you want. 


The formula for this product is really nice. It's silky and really nice to spread over the face, not to mention you can leave it on overnight if you want. I would really like the product, but the alcohol content in this stuff is high. Not to mention it smells like alcohol too.

Overall? These products are average. I don't think they're worth the rave reviews I've seen, but they're not bad. They def aren't worth the price, but I don't dislike them. Try them if you want, but there are better options.

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!