Sample: L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Line Review

3:47 PM

This is going to bed a bit of a different post today. I'll be talking about some samples I have received, my first impressions/opinions, how many uses I got out of them, quality of the product in smaller qua ties, etc. This is going to be the first post out of this sample series. Some of the pictures are going to be pretty crap, because I've taken them with my iPad before allowing myself to use them.


So the first products I have are the products from the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 line (shampoo, conditioner, and a deep conditioner they call a balm). I requested this sample online. It took about two months to arrive, which I don't really care about, as I had forgotten I'd requested them. Each of these little packets contained .34 fl oz. (10 mL) of product and I got about four uses out of them each.

So usually I'm pretty skeptical about these immediate repair products. First of all, you can't mend split ends, you can only mask the appearance of them. For a true fix, you have to chop those ends off. Anyways, this line claims to repair five damages in one - split ends, weakness, roughness, dullness, and dehydration. It also claims to repair up to one year of damage in one use.

These were formulated for damaged, over processed and color treated hair, none of which I have. However, I've been using the same shampoo for years now and I'm getting so sick of it. 

My first impression of the shampoo was that it smells like shampoo, what you'd expect shampoo to smell like. I thought it might smell heavenly, which was kind of a disappointment. My first thoughts on the conditioner? I couldn't open the damn thing. I had no problem with the shampoo packet, but just could not open the conditioner. I thought the balm was good, I have nothing to compare it too as I like to use a mix of olive oil and my regular conditioner to deep condition my hair. It made my hair feel smooth and shiny. All of these products are a good consistency.

These products are really really good! A little bit of all of them goes a long way. They made my hair shiny, hydrated, and my hair really did feel a lot stronger. I'm not certain of the roughness or the split ends, because I don't have much of either, but they really did live up to the claims.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Hi there, I'm Emily. It's nice to meet you. I'm a beauty blogger who also happens to be very interested in photography/film. Chat with me, let's be friends!